We include some information that may be useful when you are creating your presentation for EuroVis 2015. Should you have any specific audio/visual requirements that are unusual and not included here then please send an email to the local staff at firstname.lastname@example.org a reasonable time before the conference starts.
To help attendees decide, at least one presenter for each accepted submission in the Full Papers (including invited journal articles), Short Papers, and STARs is required to briefly preview their work in 30 seconds during a Fast Forward session at the conference. The Fast Forward session is planned for the afternoon of Tuesday, May 26th. All contact authors will receive an e-mail with instructions on how to prepare the material and to give the presentation.
During the conference (from Tuesday to Friday), oral presentations will be organized into sessions. The talk durations are the following:
- Full papers and invited journal articles: 25 minutes slot (approximately 20 minutes talk + 5 minutes questions)
- Short papers: 16 minutes slot (approximately 13 minutes talk + 3 minutes questions)
- STARs: 50 minutes slot (approximately 40 minutes talk + 10 minutes questions)
A key element of your EuroVis 2015 presentation is your electronic slide preparation. The audience will base its evaluation of you and your subject matter partly on the appearance of your images. An attractive, legible, and organized presentation will reflect positively on the content, and therefore on you.
We strongly encourage presenters to use a standardized presentation format. Choose the link below to download slide templates for your EuroVis 2015 presentation:
Equipment for speakers
Each presentation room will be equiped with A/V material.
- Data projectors will be available, which can be plugged into your own laptop
- The image aspect ratio is 4:3, and the native resolution is XGA (1024x768)
- You are encouraged to bring your own laptop for the presentation. Please note that you can only connect to the projector using a VGA port. If an adapter is required for your laptop, please make sure to have it available for your presentation.
Internet access will be available throughout the conference venue for use of all conference attendees and will be available in each presentation room.
We encourage presenters to setup (and try!) their presentation during the preceding break. They should make contact with the session Chair to acknowledge their presence and to confirm that their presentation is ready to run. Rooms will also be available during lunch breaks for presentation testing.
Creation of your poster
- The poster boards are able to take an A0 portrait poster. An A0 landscape poster will not fit on these boards.
When/where to put up your poster
- Please make sure your poster is fixed to the board by late Monday afternoon/early Tuesday morning and in any case before the welcome session.
- We advice that posters are put up as soon as you arrive for the main conference.
- The poster Presentation Party will be held during the Welcome Reception.
- Please put your poster on the board as indicated by the labels on the boards.
- You will need to stay by your poster through the Poster Party during the Welcome Reception.
- There will be a very limited number of power sockets available - thus we advice that if you are coming with a laptop demonstration to support your poster presentation that your laptop battery is fully charged.
When to take down your poster
- Please take your poster down on Friday morning, before the conference ends.